Divorce Options that Work
There are three basic types of divorce. The first step in obtaining a Wisconsin divorce is deciding which process is right for you.
- Personal Collaborative Attorney
- Non-adversarial Negotiations
- One Quick Court Appearance at the End
- Shorter Process than Litigation
- More Affordable than Litigation
Divorce Mediationstarting at
- One Court Appearance at the End
- Paperwork Completed for You
- Non-Adversarial Negotiations
- Reduced Stress
- Lowest Costs Divorce
- $1,050-1,600 per person
- Good during High-Conflict Negotiations
- Personal Litigation Attorney
- Good if Substance Abuse and or Domestic Violence is Present
- Good when Spouse cannot be Found
- Good when Mediation Fails or is not an Option
How We Help Clients
About Sterling Law Offices
The experienced team of divorce and child custody attorneys at Sterling Law Offices want to make the difficult process of a family law case as painless as possible. When your future and your family are on the line, it's simply not enough for a lawyer to go through the motions.
That's why during emotionally draining and complex cases like divorce and child custody, the members of our Milwaukee office are prepared to go above and beyond in order to support you and get the best result possible.
Unlike many law offices, which offer a little of this and a little of that, at Sterling Law Offices we practice exclusively in family law.
Our team is made up of accomplished divorce lawyers, certified Collaborative Law practitioners and trained mediators all sharing information and working towards a common goal for the benefit of our clients. We also have several Wisconsin locations for your convenience.
That singular focus translates into having a deep understanding of all aspects of the law along with a trusted network of professionals including guardians, court officials, appraisers, and therapists.
Most importantly, only working in one area of law means every single one of our team is passionate and dedicated individuals who understand better than most what's at stake in a family law case. Cases involving families and children are never easy, and having a group of people who genuinely understand what's at stake can make all the difference.
To choose Sterling Law Offices is to choose to be informed, not left in the dark. You will be walked through and included in every major step of your case. After all, an attorney who's fighting a case without listening to their client isn't fighting for you.
Our philosophy is simple: listen to our clients, understand their needs, and go through the process together. The way we see it, clients shouldn't ever feel left out of a case that will decide their future or the future of their family.
Communication is paramount to our success, and involving you in the process does not mean dictating a case to you but to hear your concerns and incorporate your feedback as well. To put it simply, you shouldn't feel suspicious about the people assigned to help you; lawyers and clients should work as allies towards a common goal.
This attitude of transparency extends to our pricing. Our unique, flat-rate system means you know exactly what you're paying in advance without the dread of an unexpected and devastating legal bill. We never charge hourly, so no matter how complex or drawn out your case becomes the amount you pay remains the same.
The price you pay includes all communication, research, travel, and time that our attorneys spend working with you. Our goal is to be proud of our work and provide the best possible outcome for our clients, not to nickel-and-dime the people who put their trust in us.
To learn more about what Sterling Law Offices in Milwaukee can do for you, schedule a consultation or get in touch with us by phone or e-mail.
Our Milwaukee WI office is located in downtown Milwaukee, about a 10-minute walk from the Milwaukee Art Museum and across the street from the Blackthorn Pub and Grill. Our building is on the corner of N Jefferson and E Mason (formerly the George Watts building). Click here for directions using Google Maps.
Where to Park
There's metered parking nearby and a parking garage about a block away on E Mason Street (ABM Parking).
How to Get to Our Milwaukee Office:
Coming from Mequon
- To start, go on W Mequon Road then merge on to I-43 S and stay on for 14 miles.
- Take exit 72B and merge on to I-794 E.
- Take exit 1E for Van Buren Street N.
- Keep left at the fork to merge on to E Clybourn Street.
- Then take a right on N Jefferson Street.
Coming from Oak Creek
- Take Nicholson Ave/S Pennsylvania Ave North, then turn left to merge on to WI-794 N.
- Stay on WI-794 N for about 6 miles.
- Exit left on exit 1E to merge on to N Milwaukee Street.
- From there, take a right on E Michigan then the next left on to N Jefferson Street.
Coming from Franklin –
- Head northeast on W Loomis Road for about 6 miles then merge on I-41/I-43 N.
- Stay on until it merges on to I-43 N/I-94 W.
- Stay on for another 5 miles then take exit 310C to change over to I-794 E.
- Use the left lane to take exit 1E for Van Buren Street N.
- Keep left and merge on to E Clybourn Street.
- Then take a right on N Jefferson Street.
Coming from Pewaukee
- From Pewaukee, get on I-94 E and stay on it for about 16 miles.
- When approaching downtown, keep left to continue on I-794 E.
- Take exit 1E for Van Buren Street and keep left to merge on to E Clybourn Street.
- Then, take a right on N Jefferson Street.
Three Simple Steps
Find out how simple the divorce process can be when you work with a law firm that puts you first. Book your consult today!