What Are Child Support Enforcement Agencies?

In Wisconsin family court, a case involving a minor child will include court-ordered mediation when there are custody, placement and or visitation issues. This process is used to facilitate parents toward reaching an agreement versus hearing the issues in open court.

When it comes to divorce, the spouses are not the only parties who are affected. The children will also suffer some of the consequences of the separation of their parents. No matter how much they try to avoid getting involved, they will never succeed. In fact, child custody and child support cases go hand in hand with divorce proceedings.

The order issued by a court having jurisdiction over the divorce case may include adjudication as to how the support of the children will be made. Most of the time, both the parents are held liable pro rata. This means that each of them will shoulder 50% of the expenses for the children's basic needs, education and activities. In some cases, the court will impose liability on only one of the parents especially if it is shown that the said party failed to comply with his or her parental obligations during the subsistence of the marriage.

In cases involving child support, the court always takes a look at the attending factual circumstances. The judge will require both parents to present certain documents and other evidence in their favor. As ruled by the Supreme Court in a catena of cases, the judge will follow the “best interest of the child” rule. Under this principle, the court should ensure that the welfare of the children would be promoted and protected in deciding the case.

Once a child support order is issued, it becomes mandatory for the party held liable to pay for the support. For the effective administration of justice, the state has child support enforcement agencies. These are the offices that work hand in hand with the parents in ensuring that the liable party complies with his or her obligations to the children. Parents can always come before the child support enforcement agencies for assistance in demanding for financial support.

Talk to a lawyer for more information about these agencies and other legal matters concerning child custody. Choose a lawyer who has handled similar cases.  As much as possible, do not enter into any compromise agreement with your ex-partner especially after the court has issued a child support order. Ask the legal advice of your lawyer first before taking an action. While legal matters must be taken cared of, you also need to make sure that your children are able to understand the situation between their parents. Remember that there are other things more important than money.

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

References: State Agencies

Book My Consult