Can a Non-Parent Challenge Me for Custody of My Children?

There are many things a court will take into consideration during a case like this. It is highly unlikely a court will grant custody to a third party. However, it may take into consideration the inability to provide a stable home for your child. One scenario may be a complete dismissal. Another could be granting a relative temporary guardianship until you are on your feet.

In the case of Barstad v. Frazier, 118 Wis. 2d 549, 348 N.W.2d 479 (1984), (Reversing) 112 Wis. 2d 343, 332 N.W.2d 835 (Ct. App. 1983), a mother was in a situation where her grandmother had petitioned for custody, and won. However, the decision was later overturned. 

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

Book My Consult