Enforce Wisconsin Child Support Orders

Learn how to enforce child support orders when the other parent is not compliant

Child support laws are enforced aggressively when payments become delinquent as parents are required by law to financially provide for their children. Failure to pay child support is considered contempt of court, a very serious offense.
If a parent has repeatedly failed to pay the child support they owe, you'll likely be served and ordered to appear in court for a child support hearing. Failure to show up to court will lead to a warrant for your arrest and possible jail time.

No matter what the circumstances are, the parent who owes child support should do everything in their power to pay what they owe or at minimum, be in touch with the other parent and the courts to explain why they haven't been paying. But a lack of payment and a lack of reason is likely to lead to arrest rather quickly.

Wage Garnishments
The most common form of arrears collecting is in the form of wage garnishment. The court will determine what percentage of wages can be garnished based upon the amount owed in child support.

Intercepting Pension Payments
Under section 49.852 of Wisconsin Statutes the Department of Children and Families may direct the department of employee trust funds to intercept funds to fulfill a child support lien for the obligor.

Liens Against Property
Under Wisconsin Statue 49.854 the Department of Children and Families may enforce a legal lien against accounts at financial institutions, personal property, real estate, or against rights to property.

Suspend or Restrict License
Under Wisconsin Statue 49.857 the Department of Children and Families may restrict, deny renewal, and or suspend licensure of any license granted from the department of safety and professional services.

Book a Consult
Call for Immediate Assistance
(262) 221-8123
or fill out the form below to book a consult.

Get Answers from Top Rated Attorneys

meet with a divorce attorney and get divorce advice

Get Legal Advice

Sit down with a top rated local attorney and discuss your case. The stress of the unknown can be resolved with just a phone call or a few clicks.

get divorce advice during divorce seminar

Attend a Seminar

Thinking about moving forward with a divorce or separation? Not sure where to start? Get a clear picture of your options by attending a seminar.

What our Clients are Saying

"Thank you Sterling Law Offices, S.C. for helping me with my case. My situation was complicated with a lot of emotions, attorney Trisha Festerling and Katy Eckhardt were both professional and well organized. Thank you for your time and effort in this matter, it made a world of difference with my situation.

Again your time and professionalism were greatly appreciated in this matter, I will highly recommend your services to anyone in need of a great attorney! Thank you again Sterling Law Offices!"

Flor R.

Full Google+ Review

Sterling Law Offices, S.C.
Average Rating

4.4 Out of 5
Based on 558 Reviews
star ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar ratinginterface
See all Reviews

We are Always Here to Help

divorce law firm member Kelley Shaw

Kelley S.

Client Advocate

divorce law firm paralegal Nancy Stanton

Nancy S.


Family Law Firm Team Member Lynne

Lynne B.

Client Advocate

Have a question? Get in touch today.

Schedule an Attorney Consult!

Sterling Law Offices WISN A-List Finalists - Best Divorce Lawyers
BBB Rated Sterling Law Offices - Top divorce lawyer
SuperLawyers Sterling Law Offices - Top divorce attorney
AVVO Rated Sterling Law Offices - Best divorce attorneys
Call: (262) 221-8123