What to Do If Your Ex Harasses You at Work

When an ex-partner harasses you in the workplace, there are many things that you can do to take control: Talk to the other spouse in a calm manner, call the authorities, file a complaint in court, or gather evidence.

The people involved in divorce cases are placed in a highly complicated situation. The parties who may be affected are not only the spouses but also their children. At the same time, the people surrounding them may also be involved in the consequences brought about by the divorce between the couple.

Talk to the Other Spouse in a Calm Manner

When a marriage ends, it can make someone feel uneasy and paranoid. When your former spouse tries to harass you at work, try your best to understand the situation and how he or she is reacting. Instead of getting into a fight with the other party, try to talk to him or her in a very calm manner. Make your ex understand why both of you need to go on separate ways.

Call Authorities

If talking to your ex will not make him or her stop harassing you, then maybe it is about time that you call for the assistance of the authorities. The best way to do this is to keep a record of the acts that the other party has done which resulted in harassment. At the same time, keep the number of the police on your speed dial to ensure that you are safe from your ex.

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

File a Complaint in Court

Evaluate the actions of your spouse and determine whether the harassment is serious enough that it is already causing harm not only for you but also to your workmates. If such is the case, then you need to contact your law firm in Waukesha, WI. With the assistance of an attorney, you can file a petition in court seeking for the issuance of a restraining order.

Gather Evidence

In case you decide to file a petition in court for a restraining order, you need to present the necessary testimonial, documentary, and object evidence. These proofs will convince the judge to issue the said restraining order. You also need to allege in your petition the various reasons why you should be issued the order that you are praying for. You may present some of your workmates to testify in your favor during the hearing of the petition.

Are you ready to move forward? Call (262) 221-8123 to schedule a strategy session with one of our attorneys.

Book My Consult