What Should I Do If My Spouse Is Cheating?

Everyone has a right to privacy. Make sure you respect that when trying to verify if your spouse has cheated and contact a lawyer as soon as possible.

Do you think that your spouse is cheating on you? Have you been in several situations wherein you can sense that your husband or wife is hiding something from you? Do you want to know what your partner is currently up to without actually letting them know that you are making your investigations? If you answered yes to all these questions, then maybe it is about time that you talk to your attorney in order to ensure that you will not violate any of the Constitutional or civil rights of your spouse. It must be noted that when you conduct your own “fact-finding” activities, there is a high probability that you will cross the line and may cause harm to the other party.

You need to remember that every person has the right to privacy as expressly enunciated in the Constitution. With this right, a person's private life, doings and activities must be duly protected. No one is allowed to violate this right even if the offending party is a member of the same family. In relation to this, there are certain special laws under our jurisdiction that prevent you from snooping into your partner's private matters and concerns. Even if you are the legal wife or husband, there are limitations on what you can do in order to protect and preserve the rights of your marital spouse.

By now, you are probably thinking of logging in to all the social media accounts of your partner or checking their phones while he or she is away. Before you do such thing, you have to know that you could be found guilty of violating his or her right to privacy. You only have the right to check your partner's mobile phone as long as you do it with the latter's permission.

However, the law expressly prohibits you from using cellphone spywares or other tapping devices. You are not allowed to record any communication made by your wife or husband to third persons without their consent. Otherwise, you may be found guilty of violating the law, which can give rise to a criminal or civil complaint. When you are thinking of instituting a divorce action against your partner, you are not allowed to present any object or testamentary evidence obtained through the violation of a Constitutional right of the other party. The judge hearing the case will consider the said evidence as inadmissible even if it may be the only evidence available to prove the cheating acts of your soon to be ex.

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

Book My Consult