How to Avoid International Child Abduction

International child abduction is a serious case. There are many preventative steps that you can take in order to avoid this whole situation. For example, you could make sure to observe the ex-spouse when they visit their child.

There are many risks that you and your children may have to face after the divorce. When the marriage with your ex-partner has been completely dissolved, a lot of things in your life will absolutely change. For example, the custody of the child will be awarded to either parent or if the court deems it proper, both the mother and father will get joint custody. Another example is the payment for child support which will be adjudicated by the judge or may be subjected to a compromise between the parties.

A potential problem can arise if you are declared as the custodial parent over the person of the child from your first marriage especially if the other party is not happy with the decision. There is a possibility that he may commit child abduction or take away your son or daughter from you. This is most likely to happen if your ex-husband or ex-wife believes that he or she is better than you. At the same time, it can also happen if the other spouse is a psychopath or has a history of mishandling situations like this.

As early as possible, you need to see the warning signs that your former spouse is about to commit this crime. As the parent to whom the custody has been awarded, it is your duty to ensure that your child is protected at all times. Whenever your ex-spouse comes over or attempts to spend time with the child, make sure that you have taken preventive measures to stop him or her from abducting the kid. It is necessary that you keep on checking your child by calling them regularly whenever he or she is out with the non-custodian parent or by checking them whenever the other parent exercises visitation rights at your place.

If your ex-wife or ex-husband has attempted or consummated child abduction, the first thing that you need to do is to contact the authorities to seek for their help. When you are done with this important step, call your lawyer. Allow him or her to file the necessary case against the other spouse. A good family attorney will be able to help you to help you establish a good case before the proper court. There are also some organizations that help custodian parents whose child has been kidnapped or abducted by the non-custodian parents. You can get in touch with these groups and ask for their assistance in recovering your child.

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

Book My Consult