When Your Ex's Belongings Clutter Your Space

Personal space is really important, as it will help you in the grieving or moving on process of divorce. This can become difficult especially in cases where your former spouse left some of his or her stuff at home.

Did you know that space is really important especially after divorce? When a marriage or a particular relationship ends, too much of everything can suddenly become suffocating. When the divorce case between you and your ex is over, make sure that you keep a sufficient amount of space. The question now is: “What are you going to do next?”

Gather Everything and Send Them Away

This is the first thing that needs to be done as soon as possible. Gather all the stuff that your ex left at your place. Put everything in a box and be ready to send them to your former partner. To make the packing easier, you can start by picking all those that bother you a lot. Always remember that one of the tricks to moving on faster is “out of sight, out of mind.” This means that you can easily let go if you do not regularly see any thing, which reminds you of your ex.

How To Send Them To Your Ex

If you are on speaking terms with your ex-husband or ex-wife, then getting rid of his or her belongings is easy. Just make a call and request for a pick up. However, if you couldn't stand being near your ex or talking to the latter, the best thing to do is to coordinate pickup with a tracking company. You can just place the name and address of your ex to finally get rid of the belongings. In case you encounter problems during this time, do not hesitate to get in touch with an attorney.

What Happens If Your Ex Refuses to Accept Them?

If this is the case, then disposing of the properties is the right thing to do. You can have your ex-spouse's belongings be declared as abandoned. However, before you start disposing of the said properties, make sure that you have discussed certain matters with your lawyer. It must be sufficiently shown that your ex refused to accept the stuff or failed to get in touch after signifying your intent to send his or her belongings. This is necessary to ensure that you will not be violating the property rights of the other party.

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

Book My Consult