What If My Spouse Does Not Want a Divorce?

Every relationship will always have its ups and downs. This is normal, which is why you should not worry if there are some minor problems in your marriage. In fact, studies show that couples who regularly quarrel or fight can become more loving as long as the issues are properly addressed and not ignored. However, you may start to realize that the marriage is no longer healthy when every single day all you want to do is to break up with your spouse.
If you have made a decision to finally call it off with your husband or wife, the first thing that you need to do is to contact your divorce attorney. It is important that you discuss some legal matters first with your attorney in order to assure that nothing will go wrong in the future. Aside from talking about the legal issues pertaining to your divorce case, you can also ask an advice from your legal counsel on how you can deal with the other party during the separation.

The next step is to talk to your soon-to-be ex about the divorce. There is no easy way to tell the other spouse that you are no longer interested in making the marriage work. It becomes more difficult if he or she does not want the divorce. Make the other person understand why you have come up to a decision to end the marriage. As much as possible, do not use words that can provoke him or her to react in a violent or unwanted manner. Even if the other party is at fault, you need to keep your composure to avoid big fights and arguments. At the same time, do not allow him or her to sway you away from your decision.

When it comes to telling your husband or wife about the divorce, take into consideration the time and place. Learn how to choose the perfect timing on when you are going to break the news to him or her. Remember to keep the children or other persons out of the conversation with the other spouse. Your kids can become highly emotional especially if the other party cannot handle well the separation. If your spouse is still reluctant to your wish of getting a divorce, then you can talk again to your lawyer who can give you a sound advice on what you can do about it.

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

Book My Consult