How Can I Be Officially Divorced Without Signing Anything?

Without knowing more, the best possible guess is that the divorce was granted by default, which occurs when the opposing party doesn't show up for court. This might be confusing if you were never served any notice of the court hearing.

The first thing you need to do is contact a divorce lawyer and explain all the facts. There is a very limited time to have a default case set aside, so it is important you don't delay. Most likely you'll need to prove that you were not properly served in advance of the court date. It can be tricky proving such a thing, but an experienced divorce lawyer will be your best asset.

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

Book My Consult