Can I Make My Spouse Move out After Divorce Papers Are Served?

The common legal way to force your spouse out of your home is to file an order to show cause. In this order you will be requesting for possession of the house during your dissolution of marriage

To achieve this order your will need to have a good reason (frustration with the situation does not count). One of the most commonly accepted orders the court accepts is physical abuse to either you or children.

Once a good reason is established your spouse must be served with the order and they will have to find a new home. If it cannot be proven the spouse was properly served the court will not hear the matter. At which time it can be proven your spouse was properly served there will be a hearing where the judge will either grant or deny your request.

This is a tough process to complete successfully by yourself. It would be most efficient to contact a family law lawyer to help you with this matter. To keep costs down you can request a fixed fee quote for the paperwork and court appearance.

For Immediate help with your family law case or answering any questions please call (262) 221-8123 now!

Book My Consult