Responsibility for Road Debris Accidents in Wisconsin | Sterling Law Offices, S.C. global $post;
Call for Immediate Assistance - (262) 221-8123 Book My Consult

 – from Carol K. in Muskego, WI

Question Details:

There was a huge piece of wood on the Interstate this morning, I couldn’t swerve fast enough to avoid it. My car was damaged, and I ended up going to the hospital to get checked out. Who is going to pay for this?

Personal Injury Lawyer Response:

It depends on whether you can trace the source of the debris.

Wisconsin law states that every vehicle must secure its contents “from dropping, sifting, leaking or otherwise escaping therefrom.” More often than not, debris on the roadway comes from an improperly loaded car or truck.

You should contact the police department where the accident occurred and file a report — any information you have can aid in law enforcement efforts. You should also contact your insurance company and provide complete details of the incident.

And as always, if you’re having trouble with an insurance company, give us a call or complete the case evaluation below. You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s carelessness. “

Lawyer Jeff Hughes from Sterling Law Offices, S.C.
Jeff Hughes, J.D.

Managing Partner

lexis-nexis-image lawyers-image justia-image hg-image findlaw-image avvo-image