Divorce Litigation in Illinois
Sometimes finding common ground on the future can’t be done. In those times, a litigation attorney is there to make sure you get the support you deserve.
Divorce is never easy for anyone, which is especially true for someone involved in a high-conflict or antagonistic case. For those that find themselves in a situation where the other party won’t back down, litigation is the best way to protect themselves and their children and ensure themselves against an uncertain future.
In a divorce case where compromise is essential, an aggressive or unresponsive spouse can slow down and complicate the process needlessly. By hiring a litigating attorney, they can facilitate communication and compel your spouse to settle using tactics granted by the court.
This is right for you if…
What’s included when you hire Sterling Law Offices
- Clarity. You will never be left out of the loop. Every step of the process and your rights under the law will be fully explained to you.
- Direction. You will get clear direction from your attorney and guidance based on what you are asking the court to give you.
- Support. Divorce is never easy and handling the emotions that rise up in a divorce can be a daunting task. We will be there to support and help you better face the challenges ahead.
- Privacy. You will get the security of attorney-client privilege so all information shared is protected.
- Everything Else.
- Preparing your petition for divorce (court filing fee included)
- Serving the other party divorce papers (process server fee included)
- Complete all necessary forms with your help
- Drafting settlement agreements
- Filing all forms and documents
- Completing your final divorce decree
- Attending court hearings when required
What are the benefits of divorce litigation?
- When domestic violence or substance abuse has factored into the relationship, litigation can help safeguard you and your children
- Establish and maintain your rights as well as your financial future during high-conflict cases.
- Stop deception before it starts by ensuring a manipulative spouse can’t pull the wool over your eyes.
- Get the peace of mind that only comes from having an experienced litigation attorney in your corner
Book a Consult
or fill out the form below to book a consult.
How Divorce Litigation Works in Illinois
Step 1: File the Action with the Court
Step 2: Serve the Other Party
Step 3: Automatic Dissolution Action Stay and Temporary Orders (if needed)
Step 4: Complete Co-Parenting Classes and Co-Parenting Plans (when children are involved)
Step 5: Request a Settlement Conference Date
Step 6: Complete the Marital Settlement Agreement or Request a Trial Date
Step 7: Complete & Submit the Final Divorce Decree
Step 8: Complete QDRO Process to Legally Separate Assets & Debts
Custody & Placement
Get Answers from Top Rated Attorneys
Get Legal Advice
Sit down with a top rated local attorney and discuss your case. The stress of the unknown can be resolved with just a phone call or a few clicks.
Attend a Seminar
Thinking about moving forward with a divorce or separation? Not sure where to start? Get a clear picture of your options by attending a seminar.
What our Clients are Saying
"Our Attorney Dan Exner, did an excellent job on our case. He was great getting back to us with information on a timely basis and was extremely personable and helpful. Very bright young man. Highly recommend him!"William M.
We are Always Here to Help