Divorce Litigation in Illinois
Sometimes finding common ground on the future can't be done. In those times, a litigation attorney is there to make sure you get the support you deserve.
This is right for you if…
What's included when you hire Sterling Law Offices
- Clarity. You will never be left out of the loop. Every step of the process and your rights under the law will be fully explained to you.
- Direction. You will get clear direction from your attorney and guidance based on what you are asking the court to give you.
- Support. Divorce is never easy and handling the emotions that rise up in a divorce can be a daunting task. We will be there to support and help you better face the challenges ahead.
- Privacy. You will get the security of attorney-client privilege so all information shared is protected.
- Everything Else.
- Preparing your petition for divorce (court filing fee included)
- Serving the other party divorce papers (process server fee included)
- Complete all necessary forms with your help
- Drafting settlement agreements
- Filing all forms and documents
- Completing your final divorce decree
- Attending court hearings when required
What are the benefits of divorce litigation?
- When domestic violence or substance abuse has factored into the relationship, litigation can help safeguard you and your children
- Establish and maintain your rights as well as your financial future during high-conflict cases.
- Stop deception before it starts by ensuring a manipulative spouse can't pull the wool over your eyes.
- Get the peace of mind that only comes from having an experienced litigation attorney in your corner
How Divorce Litigation Works in Illinois
Step 1: File the Action with the Court
Step 2: Serve the Other Party
Step 3: Automatic Dissolution Action Stay and Temporary Orders (if needed)
Step 4: Complete Co-Parenting Classes and Co-Parenting Plans (when children are involved)
Step 5: Request a Settlement Conference Date
Step 6: Complete the Marital Settlement Agreement or Request a Trial Date
Step 7: Complete & Submit the Final Divorce Decree
Step 8: Complete QDRO Process to Legally Separate Assets & Debts
Divorce Articles & Frequent Questions
Three Simple Steps
Find out how simple the divorce process can be when you work with a law firm that puts you first. Book your consult today!
3. MOVE FORWARD