Moving Kids Out of State After Custody Orders in Wisconsin

Family law attorneys at Sterling Law Offices frequently get asked by parents if they can move out of Wisconsin with their child. The answer is pretty straight forward. You can’t do this unilaterally. If you need to or wish to move out of the state of Wisconsin, and more than a 100 miles away from the other parent, you’ll need to file a motion with the court. Attorney Austin Miller explains how this process is handled by the courts.