My Spouse Threw Me Out Now What?

The decision to get a divorce can instantly bring couples apart. There is a tendency that the couple will not have a chance to talk about the problems in the marriage because one automatically shuts the other person away.

For example, your spouse may throw you away from your conjugal dwelling. Instead of discussing the matters thoroughly, she chose to pack up all your stuff and leave you on the streets. When this happens, there are a lot of things that you need to do.

Contact Your Lawyer

Technically, your soon to be ex-wife has no right to keep you away from your home. In the first place, the said property is considered as conjugal. Therefore, both of you have the right to enjoy and possess the same. In this type of situation, calling your law firm should be the top priority. Inform him of all the circumstances concerning your case and let him come up with the right legal remedies that you may avail in order to enforce your rights.

Try to Talk to Your Spouse

Communication is always the key to solve the problems existing between different parties. As much as possible, try to start a conversation with the other spouse to give yourselves a chance to talk about the problem. In doing such, make sure that you observe your body language and use the right set of words. This is the best thing to do to avoid making the other party feel irritated.

 Consider the Children of the Marriage

Even after your wife threw you out from your home, it is important that you maintain contact with the children. Make them feel that you are still available despite the fact that you are no longer living with them. Take note that this may have an adverse effect in case there will be some legal issues concerning child custody and support. To better understand this matter, you can always talk to your divorce lawyer.

Just Keep Your Cool

This could be a point in your life when you may feel like every single thing is shaky. Do not worry for everything is going to be okay soon. You just have to keep your cool and avoid altercations with your wife. Be mature enough not to make a big deal out of it. Look at the situation at a different perspective so you can address it in the best way possible.

References: Who Gets the House?

Call for Immediate Assistance (262) 221-8123
or fill out the form below to book a consult.

Divorce Articles & Frequent Questions

Three Simple Steps

Find out how simple the divorce process can be when you work with a law firm that puts you first. Book your consult today!




Book Your Consultation with Sterling Law Offices

Sterling Law Offices, S.C.
Divorce & Family Law Client Reviews


1,904 Reviews
See all Reviews

"Thank you,for helping me with my case. My situation was complicated with a lot of emotions, attorney Trisha Festerling and Katy Eckhardt were both professional and well organized. Thank you for your time and effort in this matter, it made a world of difference with my situation.

Again your time and professionalism were greatly appreciated in this matter, I will highly recommend your services to anyone in need of a great attorney! Thank you again!"

- Flor R.
  Full Google Review

Call for Immediate Assistance (262) 221-8123
or fill out the form below to book a consult.