10 Do's and Don'ts in Divorce
There are many events in our lives that will make us want to take a break from everything. Some of these events have the capacity to change almost every single thing in our lives. Take divorce for example, which can break our hearts into tiny little pieces and force us to stand still when things are falling apart. If you are going through this phase in your life right now, then make sure that you know some of the basic do's and don'ts during divorce or separation.
1. Do choose happiness. Now is the time to remind yourself that what ended was only your relationship with your spouse and not your entire life. Devote your time to things and persons that truly make you feel happy and special.
2.Do find a good lawyer. Take into consideration the experiences and previous cases handled by a divorce lawyer before hiring him or her. Choosing a good local law office to represent you in court can make or break your case.
3. Do keep yourself busy. Invest most of your time in trying out new activities that will keep you busy during the divorce. This will help you move on from the separation easily.
4.Do spend more time with the kids. Even if you are busy with the case, do not forget to make your kids feel special by spending more time with them especially on the weekends or during the holidays.
5.Do forgive. This is not an easy thing to do especially when you've been hurt by your ex. However, it can really help you once you learn to forgive what the other person has done. Be the bigger person by being forgiving so you can easily let go and move on with your life.
6. Don't say negative things about your ex to your children. Divorce can be difficult with the kids. Do not make it harder for them by saying negative things about the other party. It will only confuse them and hurt them in the long run.
7.Don't be bitter. While it may be okay to hate your ex for the failure of your marriage, it is important to remind yourself that you must not be bitter. This is for your own good, so you can have a peace of mind.
8. Don't act without thinking. Always keep your cool at all times. Think about the possible consequences of your actions.
9.Don't say things that may hurt anyone. As much as possible, you have to be careful in whatever you say with respect to the divorce. This is the best way to prevent other people from getting hurt or offended.
10. Don't settle without a lawyer. In all out-of-court settlements or meetings with your ex partner, make sure that your lawyer is present to support your decisions and explain the possible legal effects of your choices.
References: What is the Divorce Process?
Divorce Articles & Frequent Questions
Three Simple Steps
Find out how simple the divorce process can be when you work with a law firm that puts you first. Book your consult today!
3. MOVE FORWARD