Divorce Litigation in Wisconsin
When agreements are hard to come by, a litigation attorney will get you more of your must haves.
Protect the big picture and your long-term future. Many divorce cases don't need to go through litigation, but during high conflict cases litigation is the best way to protect yourself and your children. In every divorce both sides must compromise, but a litigation attorney can ensure you get more of your must-haves. When your spouse is unwilling to negotiate reasonably and has become aggressive or unresponsive we can help facilitate and eventually compel your spouse to settle using litigation tactics granted by the court.
This is right for you if…
What's included when you hire Sterling Law Offices
- Clarity. You will get clarity on what to expect during the process and what your rights are under the law.
- Direction. You will get clear direction from your attorney and guidance based on what you are asking the court to give you.
- Support. Divorce is hard and dealing with the emotions of the divorce is not always easy. We will be a sounding board and guide for you to help you face the challenges ahead.
- Privacy. You will get the security of attorney-client privilege so all information shared is protected.
- Everything Else.
- Preparing your petition for divorce (court filing fee included)
- Serving the other party divorce papers (process server fee included)
- Complete all necessary forms with your help
- Drafting settlement agreements
- Filing all forms and documents
- Completing your final divorce decree
- Attending court hearings when required
What are the benefits of divorce litigation?
- Protect your children and yourself when domestic violence or substance abuse is present
- Maintain your rights and financial future during high conflict cases
- Ensure you are not getting the wool pulled over your eyes by a manipulative spouse
- Get peace of mind with an experienced litigation attorney in your corner
How Divorce Litigation Works in Wisconsin
Step 1: File the Action with the Court
Step 2: Serve the Other Party
Step 3: Get a Temporary Order (if needed)
Step 4: Complete Co-Parenting Programs and Co-Parenting Agreements (when children are involved)
Step 5: Request a Settlement Conference Date
Step 6: Complete the Marital Settlement Agreement or Request a Trial Date
Step 7: Complete & Submit the Final Divorce Decree
Step 8: Complete QDRO Process to Legally Separate Assets & Debts
Custody & Placement
Get Answers from Top Rated Attorneys
Get Legal Advice
Sit down with a top rated local attorney and discuss your case. The stress of the unknown can be resolved with just a phone call or a few clicks.
Attend a Seminar
Thinking about moving forward with a divorce or separation? Not sure where to start? Get a clear picture of your options by attending a seminar.
What our Clients are Saying
"I worked through my divorce with Dan Exner. He was absolutely amazing! I really appreciated that I could always email with an questions or concerns and always received a response in a very timely manner. Dan made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole divorce. He always made me feel like he took time to listen to the issues that were important to me and made sure to help put those issues as a top priority. I would absolutely recommend this law firm to friends and family and call them if I have any family law needs in the future."Sarah M.
We are Always Here to Help