– from Carlos D. in Dousman, WI

Question Details:

I have been paying child support for the last six years, my child graduates high school this upcoming year and I am wondering if I will be required to pay child support in the form of covering his college tuition?

Family Law Attorney Response:

Thank you for your question. There is no legal obligation to support a child beyond the age of 18 years. If you wish to help out your child with paying for college tuition, it is completely voluntary and cannot be enforced based off child support.

If you have any more questions, feel free to call.

Dan Exner, J.D.

Family Law Attorney

lexis-nexis-image lawyers-image justia-image hg-image findlaw-image avvo-image