Will a pay raise in Wisconsin lead to increased child support? | Sterling Law Offices, S.C. global $post;
Call for Immediate Assistance - (262) 221-8123 Book My Consult

– from Christopher V. in Delafield, WI

Question Details:

My employer just gave me a raise on my job based on my performance. However, I am currently paying child support for my child and have only three more years left to pay on child support. Will the courts automatically increase my support payments?

Family Law Attorney Response:

Thank you for your question. Your support payments may increase, but not automatically by the court.

Increasing support payments was discussed in Long v. Wasielewski, 147 Wis.2d 57, 432 N.W.2d 615 (Ct. App. 1988). The court said support payments only get increased when requested by the partying receiving payments and only if there was a significant change in circumstances. However, the court can still reject increase in support if the change is not significant enough or if it would make the support payments unfair.

Click here to learn about overruling in child support amounts.

Give me a call so we can go over the details of your case, your current payments and your job raise to figure out what may happen.

Dan Exner, J.D.

Family Law Attorney

lexis-nexis-image lawyers-image justia-image hg-image findlaw-image avvo-image