– from Janice R. in West Milwaukee, WI

Question Details:

After my ex-husband and I finished our divorce, he received primary placement of our child and we had joint custody. I miss my child a lot now and want to have placement split along with custody. Is this possible?

Family Law Attorney Response:

It is possible to have your placement split, however there are requirements the Court of Appeals set that must be met in order for any modification to be possible. In Gould v. Gould 116 Wis.2d 493, 342 N.W.2d 426 (1984), the court of appeals discussed how in order for custody and placement to be reversed, the court must be convinced the original findings of fact were false or there was a clear abuse of discretion when the order was set.

Give me a call so we can see if an appeal for modification is possible for your case.

Dan Exner, J.D.

Family Law Attorney

lexis-nexis-image lawyers-image justia-image hg-image findlaw-image avvo-image